Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Latest Achievement

So I forgot to write yesterday, but mainly because I had an early bedtime. Early mornings means early bedtimes, but Brianna and I stayed up late enough to watch Super 8, which was actually a decent film. Yesterday, I played FIFA for the second time in 5 months, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that game, even when I'm losing, which I always do. 

REGARDLESS, today, right this second I'm on the bus to USC-Aiken for the men's soccer game. I woke up at 6:30am so I could go to my first official meet (yay!) which was at Wingate, an hour away. It was a small meet this morning, with only DII teams, and the course was not what I expected. It wasn't bad at all though. Actually, my first "meet" last week, which wasn't counted since I did a workout on my own, I finished in 28:02. With heat adjustments it was somewhere around 27:17, and my first mile was 8:47. Today, I blew it out of the water. My official time before adjustments was 26:55 and my first mile time (PR!!) was 7:38 when I was supposed to be around 8:10 :) Now, I'm fairly certain that is boring information and looks pathetically slow for most people, but I truly enjoyed myself, once I was done running! ha.

Anyway, so here I am, just took at tooon of ibuprofen, and I'll probably watch a movie on my laptop. This bus ride shouldn't be too long, only about 2 more hours. I am PRAYING the boys win today, I couldn't handle if I have to drive all the way back with them being frustrated with their loss. OH and I was on a massive runner's high when I got on the bus. I think I scared almost everyone on the bus because my energy was off the wall. I'm not too concerned though, they already know I'm a weirdo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment