Monday, February 25, 2013

Kristen Stewart: Terrible Actress or Amazing Genius?

I know I haven't posted in a long while, but you could say I've hit the worst amount of procrastination I've ever experienced in my life, thus the sitting around all day and still having homework to do. I leave for Ireland Thursday and the preparation for such a little excursion is borderline overwhelming, so I don't have too much to say, especially because it's 3 in the morning.

Nevertheless, lately I've been thinking about Kristen Stewart, probably because of the endless Twilight references in my life and all the commercials for The Final Twilight: Vampires Are Awesome movie is soon to be released on DVD. As I looked in disgust at the expressionless face of Kristen, and all of my acting experience making me want to cry at the lack of emotion in her, I had a thought. What if this whole time, Kristen has been playing us. I mean, we all mock Twilight for it's plot, the ridiculous details, and terrible writing, and then when they make it into a movie, the chosen actress doesn't even act. What if Kristen absolutely agrees with all the criticism of the books and has been making fun of Stephanie Meyer's writing this whole time? I mean I know she could just be a terrible actress, but what if she had the brilliance to mock the whole thing? Think about it, they offer her the role, and I mean I'm sure she enjoys the idea of the big name and the big bucks, but meanwhile, she can get away with making a mockery of one of the poorest products of modern society. Heck, with that thought in my mind, I can't ever watch the movies in the same way. I mean it's amazing how much of a great conspiracy theory that is! I can't even handle it. I do have to say, if this is all true, way to go Kristen Stewart. If she's just the worst actress who ever lived, nothing much will change in my life because you can't prove anything and I'm going with the conspiracy idea. And I'll continue to watch the movies with two of my best friends because somehow these movies have come to define our friendship...not really sure how but we can roll with it, right Frannie and Emma? (Miss you two by the way!) Anyway, you heard it first here, and I wouldn't be surprised if more comes out on it in the future. I also think Kristen cheated on Edward or whatever his name is on purpose to get more publicity for the movies but that's a conspiracy for another time.

Speaking of acting, I auditioned for the school play this evening, and I'll find out tomorrow if I get the part. Fingers crossed I can be a part of my last possible production here at Belmont Abbey College, and if not I'll stick to being a "dumb jock" and never leave the athletic side of campus again. Even though technically I'm still really only a NARP. Anyway, if I don't get the part, I can always go ask Kristen for advice on fooling the entire world into thinking I can act if she can convince them that she can't.

look, she has loads of expression!

No comments:

Post a Comment