Friday, March 1, 2013

Ireland!

Midterms are done, spring break has started, and I'm 20 minutes from landing in Dublin, Ireland! I don't think it really sunk in until I heard a few people in the Boston airport talking with Irish accents, then I almost peed my pants with excitement. One of my sports management classes is flying over to Ireland for some international sport learning :)

There are twelve of us, 7 girls, 4 guys, and our chaperone, Travis, who is both my teacher and advisor. I know everyone on this trip (perks of a small school) and like them. Us girls already had a fantastic bonding experience last night at Logan International airport at one of the restaurants there where the 7 of us girls were redeeming our $15 food vouchers since our flight was delayed three hours. Well long story short, the service was terrible, the waiter put us all on one check when we said we were separate, the manager tried to charge all of us gratuity for being a party bigger than six but only charged six of us gratuity even though only four of the girls bought alcohol with their own money so it couldn't be included with the vouchers, then the manager kept telling us we were wrong. We went back forth for an hour. Don't eat at vineyard grille at Logan airport! Haha but anyway, the plane is landing but look forward to lots of posts from me for the next 11 days of my time in the land of the shire. Also, some of the girls mentioned one direction is in town, so there might be some stalking coming as well. Yay! Laterz

First view of the Emerald Isle!

No comments:

Post a Comment