Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Southern Adenturetime

You can't get rid of me forever blogger world, even if I'm as sporadic as sprint cell phone coverage on Belmont Abbey's campus or the earth in general. While I will have to take a moment later this week to type up all my Ireland journal entries and put them online, I have some other exciting stories to tell in the meantime. Right now I am in the car on my way home from school, and by car I mean the family's 15 seater van with the whole family included in the vehicle. Yay! Thursday night, the chaotic Faraj family drove into Belmont and the hecticness began.

I hadn't seen any of them since Christmas break so it was a big treat to see them, let alone show them around my new hometown. We started off with a chick fil a run, which was a must for the northerners who've never tried a good ole waffle fry. Anthony proved to be quite the little politician when, upon meeting my suitemates, he shook everyone's hand and gave all the girls hugs. I've raised him well.

Friday morning, Alex, Bella, and Cesca came with me to two of my three morning classes in which one professor had the class applaud them and the other yelled at us to move out of the last row (the only row with four seats together) because he didn't have his glasses on so he didn't recognize me or that my sister were not old enough to be in his class, let alone his actual students. That was exciting. After a nice cafeteria lunch where my family finally was able to sample my fantastic selection of food (oh joy), we walked around the athletic fields and athletic buildings. We had planned on going to the baseball game, but after two delays I took them to the student commons where 5 of them took naps and 4 found the television. Eventually we did make it to the baseball game, and my family convinced themselves that they were a good luck charm as the Abbey scored run after run. Honestly it was probably all the pretty girls (my sisters if you can't handle subtlety) the boys were able to show off for. You're welcome boys.

Saturday, I had to go bright and early to my track meet. An hour later, my family shows up. In matching neon t-shirts. With "Gabrielle's Fan Club" on them. It was great they got to see me run but it was also a horror/exciting moment in my life. They also got to meet my team, which has become my second family at school and coach. They cheered so loudly even though I ran the slowest of my life, and Gianna bragged to everyone "She beat ONE PERSON!" Well, oops.

A couple of the crew
After a Saturday night Palm Sunday service, Jose, Timi, and Kaylie Mae joined the family for a nice, relaxing dinner at Old Stone Steakhouse and then coffee and treats at Caravan Coffee. It finished off a fun weekend and next thing I know bright and early we headed back to Michigan. The little kids are so excited Brianna, Jose, and Timi are coming home for Easter, and Baba already has the itinerary for their weekend here sorted perfectly. While I get back into the swing of being home, the next Family adventuretime is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment